Vietnam’s low cost of labor and forecasted growth has made it an ideal destination for Japanese investors to establish their operations. While the commercial ties between Vietnam and Japan are growing increasingly stronger, so is the complexity of Vietnam’s legal framework. Therefore, Japanese businesses are aware of the need to engage a dedicated legal adviser to navigate through this framework.
At LNT & PARTNERS , we are only one of few firms in Vietnam with a dedicated Japan practice, having worked with dozens of Japanese companies across a range of sectors in a variety of legal issues. As teamwork forms the cornerstone of our approach to servicing our clients, we are proud of our long-standing relationship with many leading Japanese companies.Our outstanding track record of successfully advising and executing deals on behalf of Japanese businesses speaks for itself. Our lawyers regularly work and liaise with Vietnamese Government bodies on issues of foreign investment and regulatory compliance to deliver effective solutions to our Japanese colleagues.
Recent key deals:
- Represented En Japan, a leading multinational recruitment company based in Japan, in its multi-million dollar acquisition of Navigos Group, which included two coveted assets: Vietnamworks.com, Vietnam’s largest job website, and Navigos Search, the largest recruitment firm in Vietnam.
- Advised Marubeni, a global general trading company, in a recent complex licensing project in Vietnam to obtain a highly unique broad based distribution license that is rarely granted. Only three other companies have been able to obtain such a license in Vietnam. After its first attempt was unsuccessful, Marubeni sought LNT’s assistance to resubmit its application. Within one month, LNT was able to convince the relevant ministry to grant Marubeni the fourth such license in the entire country.
- Advised Toyota Tsusho, the sixth largest trading company in the world, in a significant M&A deal investing in a food processing company in the highland center of Vietnam and another deal in the south of Vietnam.
- Advised Kyoei Steel, Ltd., one of the largest foreign steel companies doing business in Vietnam, in a major steel M&A in Vietnam. The transaction will significantly increase Kyoei’s presence in Vietnam and enhance its leading position in Vietnam.
- Advised Shiseido Cosmetic Vietnam in a significant arbitration case at VIAC involving complex legal issues with major implications to the way it does business in Vietnam.
- Advised Sojitz Corporation, a large diverse trading company based Japan, in a multi-million M&A transaction in Vietnam as well as successfully obtained a complicated investment certificate applying new untested investment laws.