Dispute resolution involves more than just going to court or international arbitration. In practice, there are often more efficient avenues and in fact, a vast majority of disputes will never reach court or international arbitral proceedings in practice.
At LNT & PARTNERS , our approach is to ensure that our clients’ commercial disputes are resolved in the most time and cost efficient manner as possible. To this end, our team actively promotes and explores alternative dispute resolution practices, including mediation and conciliation, so as to avoid costly litigation and international arbitration. However, where litigation or arbitration is unavoidable, our team has significant experience in representing clients on some of the most high profile litigations and arbitrations in the country.
- Dispute Resolution practice group includes:
- Litigation & Enforcement
- Mediation & Conciliation
Recent key deals:
- Represented the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee before the ICC International Court of Arbitration in two cases related to remuneration for construction of the East-West Highway and Thu Thiem Tunnel in Ho Chi Minh City
- Lead counsel in two landmark infrastructure arbitration cases in Hong Kong with USD500 million at stake (ICC Rules)
- Counsel in an arbitration over commodities trading held in Geneva with USD10 million at stake (Swiss Rules)
- Appointed by a German car distribution company in a tax dispute with the Customs valued at 8 million USD at both the court of first instant and appeal
- Appointed by Japanese-owned company in a dispute with a local company valued at US$20 million